Cheque hub is the corner stone of clearing by image. An initiative to allow images of cheques to be a legal instrument for paying people. This removes the need for paper to be transported by secure vehicles on the road between branches and the central clearing centre. A further benefit being to allow the use of mobile image capture to allow customers a new channel for recording cheque payments.
- To test the code thoroughly and liaise with business users to ensure delivery is fit for purpose
- To help to Impact Assess business requested change to the Clearing Hub Platform.
- To ensure that the technical integrity and quality of the applications / products is maintained across their lifetime, contributing to the development of any technical changes being proposed
- To develop a technical understanding of a component or sub-component within an application / product, providing support for technical queries, live incidents and problems
- To provide technical Guidance and support to multiple offshore Technical Feature Delivery teams on the project.
- To work on a single complex project, or multiple standard projects, as a team member or team leader
- To translate business requirements into technical requirements, identifying any gaps
- To provide Level 3 technical support for live incidents and problems as required by the L2 teams.
- To write code to specification for one or more applications / products during the build phase of the software development lifecycle
- Active MQ
- Cutting Edge Java Programming techniques
- Sound technical architectural knowledge in relation to Micro Services.
- Apache Camel
- Oracle Database Management
- Delivery and Continuous Improvement of a true Micro-Service system.
- Use of Private BitBucket/Jira/Confluence
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of supporting the delivery of larger scale environment and application projects through both a consultancies basis and owning the deliverable yourself.
- Understanding of Barclays Clearing Hub environments, aPaaS platforms, applications clients and monitoring solution.
- Redhat/Openshift. V3
- In depth Application support and maintenance experience
- Knowledge of Barclays application or experience at Barclays
- Understanding of different network and connectivity technologies and standards: i.e. DNS, VPN, Firewalls and Load balancers.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering Information Technology
Job Location: Knutsford, GB
Application Deadline: N/A