The Staff Pharmacist – Rare Disease interprets physicians’ prescriptions, contacts doctors or other prescribers and/or patients to verify information on prescriptions and expedite processing of order. This position is responsible for compounding and dispensing medications within corporate and regulatory guidelines. The Staff Pharmacist will track order status and outstanding issues as well as consult with patients regarding the use of medications and potential drug interactions. This individual may take calls from customers regarding lost orders or dispensing errors, maintain daily production, quality and service levels, vary work priorities and activities to accommodate business needs. The Staff Pharmacist may also train less experienced pharmacists.
- Contact doctors and/or patients to verify information on prescriptions such as drug strength, prescription sig., and drug name in order to expedite processing of orders.
- Contact physicians for new and/or transfer authorization.
- Verify prescription information entered in the system by data entry or order entry.
- Consult with patients regarding the use of medications and potential drug interactions.
- Provide oversight and quality assurance to pharmacy technicians.
- Work with physicians to convert prescriptions to generic or preferred drugs whenever possible.
- Verify and confirm validity of controlled substances.
- Back up other pharmacists as needed, perform additional duties as assigned by management, or train less experienced pharmacists.
- Interpret physicians’ or prescribers’ prescriptions.
- Strong focus on customer service, quality and accuracy.
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule for peak volume times.
- Ability to read and interpret prescriptions.
- Ability to manage timelines and meet tight client deadlines.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues.
- Current resident pharmacist license in good standing.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Health Care Provider
Job Location: Warrendale, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A