This position is responsible for maintenance, storage and utilization of the dialysis facility inventory and inventory system in accordance with DaVita’s Healthcare Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, OSHA, CMS, AAMI, federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintain neatness, cleanliness and safety of stock room per policy and regulations
- Communicate with management, staff, purchasing agents and vendors regarding supply delivery and notify Facility Administrator of any unusual incidents
- Order, receive, and issue supplies including medications daily; perform daily, weekly and monthly counts of supplies and reissue using the computerized system according to set standards; record supplies provided to other modalities (PD, Acute, Home Hemo, etc.)
- Maintain inventory on a first in/first out (FIFO) basis and ensure that supplies do not expire before usage; record inventory receipts, issues and transfers on a timely basis
- Participate in facility QA/CQI process
- Stock treatment areas daily and provide supplies, including medications, to staff
- Perform duties and responsibilities of other positions in the clinic including, but not limited to Reuse Technician and Unit Secretary/Administrative Assistant as required
- Print and review system reports and inventory transaction audits on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as scheduled; submit reports to FA and review reports with the Facility Administrator
- Establish and maintain inventory records for all dialysis supplies (including purchase orders and inventory transaction audits), logs, files, returns, obsolete/expired items, emergency orders, manual purchase orders and ensure appropriate levels of supplies, medications and equipment are available at all times using the automated inventory system; adjust processes to accommodate facility patient growth and item changes
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Primary written language of supplies and inventory system is English
- Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
- Knowledge of and adherence to DaVita Employment and Teammate policies
- Empathy, consideration, and respect for patients and co-workers
- Ability to lift minimum of 10 pounds to a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted and able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, and use full range of body motions.
- Willingness to seek opportunities to help teammates and/or patients
- Willingness and ability to foster a positive work environment
- Vision adequate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of position including repetitive use of computer monitor.
Qualification & Experience:
- A commitment to the greater good: We are a community first, a company second.
- Diverse, team-driven culture that supports you.
- Stability and strong financial results – 10 years of steady revenue growth.
- Commitment to developing you and the chance to explore multiple career paths.
- Performance-based compensation and rewards for your hard work.
- Industry-leading patient care with clinical outcomes ranked above the national average.
- Dynamic leadership grounded in Core Values, Mission and clearly defined goals for you.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A