Our team is looking for an Engineering Manager who can share their knowledge in ReactJS. A leader who can deliver a major React implementation from inception to production. Are you someone who can excel at delivering scalable and elegant component based front end architectures based on React/Redux? Are you comfortable being part of a small, highly visible, tight-knit team and can work closely with product managers, architects, designers and analysts to accomplish your goals? Then we are looking for you to join our team!
Our team wants the EM to bring their technical skills to our agile environment as we move from revolutionizing the web to redefining the mobile travel experience. We are currently completing the transition to React/Redux. We want you to help us realize our goal of building a modern and scalable React based UI including Server Side rendering.
- You will help drive architecture and adoption of standard methodologies using React.
- You will provide technology and architecture leadership for the front end development team and deliver a best-in-class user experience for the Hotwire.com product.
- You will be our go to source for knowledge and experience regarding React.
- Develop a team of 5-10 software engineers of varying skill levels
- Actively partner with product management and engineering leaders to influence feature definition and implementation, contribute to discussions on trade-offs and scoping
- Provide innovative technology driven solutions to business problems.
- Optimize team constructs and agile development processes
- Contribute to our technology road-map
- Ensure accurate technical design and quality standards are upheld
- Mentor a hardworking group Engineers
- Lead the Agile software development phases of various projects across Hotwire’s travel platform
- Lead and/or participate in the recruiting and hiring of software engineers
- Ability to review code, teach, and provide technical guidance to improve the skillset of front end engineers in React.
- Efficient DOM manipulation.
- Ability to provide technical expertise in React standard methodologies within the Lodging team and across Hotwire.
- Component architecture using ReactJS/Redux. Less dependent on third party libraries.
- Hands on expertise in ReactJS/Redux
- Other: Mobile Development, SOA/REST, NodeJS, Application scalability
- Web: HTML(5), CSS(3), BootStrap/Foundation,
- Ability to lead a hardworking team of engineers with different stages of React knowledge.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2+ years experience as a Manager in Engineering with the ability to build a quality product.
- Build systems for SPA – webpack, ES6 transpilers, CSS frameworks
- Test Driven Development (TDD) methodology, functional programming style
- 3+ years in a professional senior technical role such as technical lead, architect, or other hands on leadership role
- Ability to travel internationally. Much of our front end team is located in Guadalajara, Mexico and regular travel to Guadalajara is required.
- 3+ years of design and development experience in React/Redux
- Strong Agile leadership; continuous integration or continuous delivery concepts including test automation strategies not only on functional level but also on the typical “-ability” requirements like usability, stability, scalability and performance
- Experience with GraphQL
- Strong leadership with ability to inspire and empower those around you
- 7+ years of development experience
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is an added bonus.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A