Reporting to the Director, Global Tax Reporting – International, you will be responsible for calculating and reporting the U.S. tax effect of Expedia’s international operations in the global provision and U.S. federal income tax return. You will assist with tax operations including process and policy development and management, technology and automation, and other special projects.
As the Manager, Global Tax Reporting, you will partner with teams in Global Finance and Tax to ensure timely and accurate tax reporting and achieve the goals and priorities of the Expedia organization.
- M&A – Provide support for international transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, and business initiatives.
- Controls and Process Transformation – Maintain process documentation and support ongoing process transformation while ensuring adherence to controls and policies.
- Maintain current, audit-ready workpapers and financial records for all filings.
- Support the international portions of the U.S. federal income tax audits and other inquiries.
- Prepare and review U.S. international forms including forms 1118, 5471, 8858, 8865, 8990 and 8992.
- Planning and Legislative – Analyze changes in tax legislation and provide recommendations to management.
- Transformation, Technology and Automation – Support the evolution of the tax reporting function, tax technology tools, and support technology enhancements. On an ongoing basis, develop and implement process improvements for the global tax reporting process.
- Prepare and review income tax differences for international operations.
- Demonstration of strong analytical skills, and the ability to develop solutions around new facts or tax law changes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and diligent problem solver
- Strong tax research skills
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Tax provision and compliance software experience
- Strong aptitude for identifying and implementing process improvements
- Organized and attentive to detail
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of public accounting experience in U.S. international concepts with one of the “Big Four” firms or equivalent experience
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Tax
- CPA license preferred
- Comprehensive and demonstrable technical skills related to U.S. international tax, accounting principles, ASC 740, and federal and state income tax concepts, with exposure to foreign provision concepts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Finance
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A