The Maintenance Technician III is responsible for maintaining the main controls for the Dematic System to ensure safety as well as productivity. This position is responsible for product safety, quality and legality.
- Electromechanical skills, trouble shooting skills with the PLC controls, servos and other discrete electrical control components.
- Set up and maintain machinery in co-pack area to comply with current safety standards.
- Complete all preventive and predictive maintenance on Dematic Machinery.
- Must have the ability to connect a PC to a PLC and step through and understand the PLC program to troubleshoot complex controls failures and Maintenance Programs. Ability to make minor code changes under the direction of Engineering.
- Ability to read prints and schematics.
- Proficient in using eMaint for troubleshooting as well as capturing repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Assisting in the Equipment Validation Process.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 25 pounds.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent required and 4+ years of experience performing mechanical maintenance duties in a manufacturing/packaging environment, or equivalent combination of vocational education and experience.
- Customer service driven.
- General computer skills: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and general computer aptitude required.
- Electrical experience working on 480 Volt and 3 Phase.
- Distribution and Warehouse Environment experience required.
- Experience troubleshooting and maintenance on conveyor systems, belt motors and other material handling equipment is a must.
- Adaptable and flexible, and experience in a fast a paced high volume environment is a plus.
- General facilities maintenance experience.
- Must have exceptional problem solving and maintenance skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management Manufacturing
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A