The Director of IT Cloud Engineering & Operations is responsible for creating, managing and supporting cloud computing infrastructure for JetBlue. The software portfolio includes both custom and package applications that employ cutting edge technologies and practices to JetBlue’s business units (Operations, Revenue and Support). Work with IT Enterprise Architecture Team, Infrastructure operations team, Security operations team, Development team and CISO team to create and maintain a cutting-edge cloud solution for the software portfolio
- Act as first point of contact for senior leadership regarding all cloud solutions
- Guide business units in the development of cloud strategy and establish policies and procedures for developing and supporting all cloud deployments
- Develop and maintain cloud technology solutions and processes that will enable organization to scale, innovate, improve crew member and staff experience, and operate efficiently and effectively.
- Empower and inspire staff and members through education and the demonstration of impactful technology-driven solutions.
- Holistically own architecture, security, compute, dev ops and support of the new platforms in the cloud.
- Redesign processes and build the cloud solutions and infrastructure to enable staff to do their work with members and each other better, faster in scalable ways.
- Manage, report and optimize the TCO in the cloud.
- Proactively, manage our security exposure and mitigate high risk by partnering with our CISO team and security operations team.
- Strategize, define and own future state cloud architecture while reducing time to market in developing and managing cloud applications
- Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
- Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Must fulfill safety accountabilities as prescribed by JetBlue’s Safety Management System
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as interpersonal skills, with an appreciation for confidentiality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science OR demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities with a High School Diploma/GED and at least four (4) years of previous experience in cloud engineering
- Knowledge of cloud based development environments and standards and automation
- Proven ability to engage others in a compelling, persuasive manner and build relationships around shared interest and beliefs
- Experience with industry standards in project management and development methodologies (PMBOK, MSF, SEI, Agile Methods, RUP, etc.)
- Seven (7) years of management experience across application development, DevOps or cloud engineering
- Experience tackling tough issues, working across lines of difference, and creating inclusive environment to develop equitable practices
- Ability to strategically think about business initiatives with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to motivate and positively engage staff and management in ways that build trust and enthusiasm
- Previous track record of managing multiple large-scale projects and managing change effectively in context of ambiguity and shifting priorities
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering Information Technology
Job Location: Long Island City, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A