We have a fantastic opportunities for experienced Assistant Buyer’s to join us at Sainsbury’s Argos, working within a wide range of categories based in Milton Keynes. As an Assistant Buyer, you will help us to deliver our exciting and ambitious growth plans!
Buying forms the backbone of our business so naturally is incredibly fast-paced. By identifying trends and understanding our on-going business strategy, our teams ensure that what our customers want is available in our stores and online.
It takes a flair for relationship building, negotiation and an analytical approach. We look for people who can deliver a variety of strategies to help drive sales and profit and who have an affinity with our customer and what they want.
- Responsible for range optimisation: opportunities to maximise margin through product configuration, placement, dressing opportunities, range and space trading intensities. To understand the in-store experience and impact the product ranges have on customers and store colleagues to inform future decisions
- Support the Buyer and Senior Buyer in liaising with the Product Technologist in setting the quality criteria for own label products ensuring the optimal balance between quality and price is maintained
- Support negotiating supplier funding and administers the process for forecasting income, collection and reconciliation
- Develop 6 monthly range strategies through ownership of specific ranges or subcategories, including sales and margin forecasting, range selection, product estimates and associated supplier incomes
- Have responsibility for administrative duties and approvals, sample management, packaging sign off, product and promotional set up, supplier and internal administration, overseeing work of the BAA where applicable
- Create category SKUs and maintain data integrity in line with company targets
- Execute the sourcing and selection strategy for a given group of products in conjunction with cross functional disciplines
- Have customer / competitor awareness in your range through competitor shopping to inform decision making and implement buying levers appropriately
Qualification & Experience:
- Review competitor pricing and take considered actions to maintain our competitive position
- Work cross functionally with Digital, Marketing and Suppliers to enhance our digital execution to maximise sales, margin and supplier funding
- Develop and deliver 3-6-month promotional strategies for your category, interpreting data and developing a compelling customer offer to maximise sales, margin and supplier funding
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Purchasing Product Management Supply Chain
Job Location: Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A