At Sainsbury’s Argos, the great digital transformation is under way. It’s our aim to become the digital market leader in choice, value and convenience, so our Finance teams are more important to us now than ever before. They’re the people who provide support across the business and help make the crucial decisions that will allow us to develop into a leading digital retailer.
We have recently joined Sainsbury’s in our journey to become a leading retail organisation and ensuring we place our customers at the heart of everything we do. Together we have a great opportunity to build a brilliant future and do a fantastic job for all our customers.
- This role will support the Finance Analyst to be able to liaise with the Finance Manager and relevant Senior Managers in this area. In addition, they will employ the skills and knowledge of team members within the wider trading finance team and through utilisation of their time deliver their objectives.
- On a day to day basis the job holder is expected to be close to the detail of transactions within Supplier Income, whilst able to communicate key issues succinctly as part of the bigger picture.
- Supplier income is a significant area of focus not just in this business, but across the retail sector.
- It is a high profile role that brings with it excellent opportunities to interact with a number of stakeholders in the business, and provides the opportunity to contribute to supporting a key area of the business.
- The job holder must have an ability to effectively support the Finance Analyst as well as day to day support to the trading teams.
- Provide insight into changes being made to the supplier income process and offer opinions and solutions to existing challenges.
- Champion the supplier funding tools by familiarising yourself with the different sources of funding and the different complexities that exist. Gain knowledge of how the tools work to be able to assist teams with questions on an adhoc basis.
- Drive changing behaviours in the business through supporting strategic objectives within supplier funding.
- Support the Commercial teams to ensure funding deals are collected on a timely basis and that the company’s cash flow remains as strong as possible.
- Support the commercial trading teams by collating, logging and managing evidence of funding on a day to day basis ensuring that funding is logged on a timely basis.
- Bridge the gap between trading teams and trading finance through excellent stakeholder management and regular interactions with the traders.
Qualification & Experience:
- Willingness to pursue a professional finance qualification – CIMA / ACCA
- Good excel skills and the ability to work with large volumes of data
- Be a graduate calibre individual
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with Trading and other areas of Finance
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively across all levels
- Prior experience gained working within a finance function
- Can do attitude, comfortable with a fast pace and switching between competing priorities
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management Manufacturing
Job Location: Avebury, GB
Application Deadline: N/A