The big question: why on earth should a Tech professional like you work for a 150-year-old retail chain? Because we’re on a journey. Changing the way we operate. Learning to think nimble. Giving our teams the time and freedom they need to push boundaries. To create amazing systems and technologies. To give our colleagues and our customers even more incredible experiences.
There are thousands of experts to talk to and learn from. We’ve got data from billions of transactions for our teams to play with. Things get built here. They get made here. They hit customers and colleagues quickly. Welcome to the home of Sainsbury’s Tech.
- Take a test-driven approach to problem solving
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and the advantages and disadvantages of microservices
- Be open to learning other languages and platforms – don’t worry, we will support you to do this
- Experience with either C#, .Net or ReactJS
- Be dedicated to a lean approach to software engineering
- Deploy code frequently using continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Pair programming experience
- Ability to explain complicated technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of databases like SQL Server or MongoDB
Qualification & Experience:
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
- Colleague discount across the multi-brands – Sainsburys, Argos, Habitat
- Pension plan
- Bonus scheme
- Holiday allowance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering Information Technology
Job Location: Walsgrave on Sowe, GB
Application Deadline: N/A