The big question: why on earth should a Tech professional like you work for a 150-year-old retail chain? Because we’re on a journey. Changing the way we operate. Learning to think nimble. Giving our teams the time and freedom they need to push boundaries. To create amazing systems and technologies. To give our colleagues and our customers even more incredible experiences.
There are thousands of experts to talk to and learn from. We’ve got data from billions of transactions for our teams to play with. Things get built here. They get made here. They hit customers and colleagues quickly. Welcome to the home of Sainsbury’s Tech.
- Deliver flexible designs at sufficient level of detail to enable engineering teams to progress delivery, continually assessing outcomes to assess fit for business needs.
- Collaborate with the information governance, information security and operations communities to provide consistent and effective solution integration
- Work closely with the technical designers (data modellers) to adopt a consistent approach for both the technical and data landscapes.
- Research and identify opportunities in emerging technology that could enhance technical delivery within the teams
- Work within architecture community of practice to optimise solution design across the data and technology stack
- Identify technical opportunities to enable faster and higher quality delivery of data products
- Knowledgeable about data modelling, access and storage.
- Knowledge of processing high frequency and large volume datasets.
- Be able to explain complex technical challenges to business stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Someone who continually strives to understand new technical opportunities and has the tenacity to learn associated skills
- Hands on experience of languages, tools and infrastructure.
- Self-driven and constantly striving to improve your team.
- Build a trusted relationship with engineering teams and explain how solutions adhere to architectural principles.
- A passion for delivering solutions to customers.
- Advocate of agile/lean delivery methodologies.
- A love of data and an understanding of data platform architectures.
Qualification & Experience:
- Holiday allowance
- Colleague discount across the multi-brands – Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
- Pension plan
- Bonus scheme
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering Information Technology
Job Location: London, GB
Application Deadline: N/A