Looking for a passionate VMware/Cloud Engineer who will work collaboratively with multiple platform and application teams in overall support of the Staples infrastructure as we migrate our applications from on-premises to Microsoft’s Azure public cloud. The key responsibilities include driving the best technical solution across multiple Staples initiatives with an automation mindset.
- Embrace automation first mindset and attitude towards managing “infrastructure as code”.
- Oversee the service provider with a primary focus on VMware, ensuring the team is following the proper architectural standards.
- Designing system interconnectivity with high availability and fault tolerance, as well as domain authentication and various services.
- Providing reports and metrics for leadership related to services and projects in the Converged Infrastructure/VMware space.
- Consolidating/rationalizing the ESX environments as the on-premises workloads are migrated to Azure Cloud.
- Participate in monthly compliance reporting and management of systems to Sarbanes Oxley (Sox) and Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security requirements.
- Lead high impact enterprise wide projects as we move our workloads to Azure public cloud.
- Architectural planning within the converged infrastructure domain, with a primary focus on VMware.
- Plan and ensure periodic ESX environments’ maintenance/patching as required.
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and ability to concurrently manage multiple deadline-driven tasks and projects; self-starter.
- Good communication skills with both technical and management teams.
- Well-rounded technical acumen, strong troubleshooting and analysis skills.
- Experience organizing, assembling and leading teams from multiple IT groups.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley (Sox) and Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security requirements.
- Ability to work in team setting as well as independently. Experience working with both offshore and remote teams.
Qualification & Experience:
- Modern automation tool experience with tools like Puppet/Ansible/Chef or Terraform.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years’ experience as a Systems Engineer supporting VMware.
- Advanced scripting and programming experience (shell, awk, perl, python).
- Hands on experience working in public cloud, preferably Microsoft Azure.
- Experience supporting multiple hardware platforms, preferably vBlock, Cisco UCS and HPE.
- Ability to adapt and learn / take on new responsibilities and challenges in cloud.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Framingham, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A