Website Whole Foods Market
Provides overall leadership to the Produce team. Responsible for all aspects of daily operations including profitability, expense control, buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory compliance and special projects as assigned. Accountable for Team Member hiring, development, corrective actions and separations. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative and productive working relationships with department leaders and with vendors.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers; responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Sustains exceptional level of knowledge / awareness of relevant competitors and industry trends.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail execution.
- Accountable for monitoring and achieving sales, purchasing, and labor targets.
- Builds a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect and exceptional morale.
- Makes hiring and separation decisions.
- Holds ATLs, supervisors and Team Members accountable for delivering outstanding customer service.
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains proper product assortment, merchandising, and inventory control.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive manner.
- Product knowledge. * Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and procedures.
- Sustains exceptional level of knowledge and awareness of relevant competitors and industry trends.
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Food safety certification. If not currently certified, will commit to completing certification within 6 months.
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and operations-related applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and customer relationship skills.
- Advanced knowledge of products, buying, pricing, merchandising, and inventory management
Qualification & Experience:
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Chattanooga, TN
Application Deadline: N/A