Website Whole Foods Market
Assists the Team Leader in all aspects of daily operations including profitability, expense control, buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory compliance, and special projects as assigned. Leads and develops Team Members. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail execution.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers; responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Assists team leader with ordering and inventory management.
- Functions as point person and departmental person in charge in absence of Team Leader.
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Assists Team Leader in analysis of sales, reports, and labor.
- Works with Team Leader to resolve team concerns or issues.
- Assists team leader in annual sales and expense projections and budget preparation.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover.
- Works with Team Leader to achieve sales, purchasing, and labor targets.
- Develops and maintains creative store layout and product merchandising.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and customer relationship skills.
- Growth mindset towards greater responsibility and ownership.
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and procedures.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive manner.
- Thorough product knowledge.
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy.
- Desire to coach and mentor others for growth.
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial performance, monitor profitability, and manage inventory.
Qualification & Experience:
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours, sitting 1-4 hours.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching.
- May require use of ladders.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Customer Service Information Technology
Job Location: West Des Moines, IA
Application Deadline: N/A