Website Whole Foods Market
The Career Development Associate Store Team Leader (CDASTL) position is a three-month training in-store training program to prepare you to become an Assistant Store Team Leader. We are looking for candidates in the Greater Boston area who are willing to commute within 30 miles and/or hour to locations. The program is designed for leaders who are new to Whole Foods Market, regardless of your experience which includes a combination of virtual classes, self-guided and in-store hands-on training. This position supports the Store Team Leader (Store Manager) in all aspects of store operations. Provide guidance to Team Leaders in team operations including profitability, expense control, inventory control, buying, merchandising, labor and regulatory compliance and special projects as assigned.
- Uphold and communicate regional and store programs and standards to Team Leaders and Team Members.
- Select, train, develop, mentor, motivate, and counsel Team Members in a manner that builds and sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover.
- Maintain outstanding retail execution and customer service in the store.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Regularly inspect the store to ensure compliance with all programs, rules and standards.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building and leadership skills.
- Support the Store Team Leader in all areas of operations including inventory, safety, merchandising, financial and physical plant issues.
- Review and monitor scheduling, purchases, and other expenses to ensure teams and the store are within budget.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, show excellent follow-through and see the big picture.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks effectively.
- Basic computer skills High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy.
Qualification & Experience:
- Customer Service Focus with an emphasis on Team Building.
- 2+ years of experience in a Leadership role responsible for 100 plus employees.
- Successfully worked as a Team Leader supporting one combination team or two separate teams, or on the same team in two different stores (internal candidates only).
- Employee Relations Store Operations (Inventory, Labor Management, Cost Control).
- Marketing (Pricing, Merchandising)Managing P&L.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Education Training
Job Location: Boston, MA
Application Deadline: N/A