Website Whole Foods Market
Assists the Team Leader in all aspects of daily operations including profitability, expense control, buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory compliance and special projects as assigned. Leads and develops Team Members. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Assists Team Leader in analysis of sales, reports and labor.
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals.
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Functions as point person and departmental person in charge in absence of Team Leader.
- Maintains good vendor relationships, develops new vendor relations, and ensures all paperwork is properly submitted for vendor processing.
- Develops and maintains creative store layout and product merchandising.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail execution.
- Works with Team Leader to resolve team concerns or issues.
- Works with Team Leader to achieve sales, purchasing, and labor targets.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers; responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Demonstrates advanced product knowledge and develops / maintains awareness of new products.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and operations-related applications.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and procedures.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and customer relationship skills.
- Growth mindset towards greater responsibility and ownership.
- Desire to coach and mentor others for growth.
- Product knowledge.
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- May require use of ladders.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Customer Service Information Technology
Job Location: Somerville, MA
Application Deadline: N/A