Website Whole Foods Market
Provides support as a member of the meat team to include duties related to counter service, stocking, and sanitation in the meat department. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Cleans cases, glass, signs, uprights, coolers, smokers, floors, and drains as required.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Ensures a fresh and appealing display by checking quality, keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked, rotating and removing out-of-date products, filling ice tables, and performing other duties as assigned.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Maintains back stock in good order.
- Assists with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean and appealing.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Assists with periodic inventory checks.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
- Proactively reads labels and familiarizes oneself on various products.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
Qualification & Experience:
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to handle knives and other cutting equipment.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Business Development Sales
Job Location: Oakland, CA
Application Deadline: N/A