Website Whole Foods Market
Provides support as a member of the Grocery team to include receiving and preparing product, maintaining the grocery floor and displays, and selling product in support of WFM standards. Performs all functions related to breaking down deliveries and stocking shelves. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Monitors and prevents spoilage and communicates waste to buyers, Team Leaders, and shift supervisor.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Ensures a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating and removing out-of-date products.
- Maintains back stock in good order.
- Assists with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean and appealing.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Stocks and cleans grocery shelves, bulk bins, frozen and dairy case.
- Assists with periodic inventory checks.
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Ability to perform simple math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Proactively reads labels and familiarizes oneself on various products.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
Qualification & Experience:
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Project Management Information Technology
Job Location: Fairview, TX
Application Deadline: N/A