Website Whole Foods Market
Provides overall leadership to the Store Support team. Responsible for all aspects of daily operations including cash management, expense control, buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory compliance, and special projects as assigned. Leads and develops Associate Team Leaders and Team Members. Accountable for Team Member hiring, development, corrective actions and separations. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Establishes and maintains positive and productive vendor relationships.
- Communicates objectives and relevant information clearly to Team Members.
- Defines and develops clear expectations to achieve the highest standards of retail execution. performance and minimizes turnover.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative and productive relationships with departmental and store leadership.
- Holds ATLs, supervisors and Team Members accountable for delivering outstanding customer service.
- Ensures an effective and efficient response to customer questions, requests, and/or concerns.
- Makes hiring and separation decisions in partnership with Store Leadership.
- Maintains Team Member safety and security standards.
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulatory rules and standards.
- Sustains exceptional level of knowledge / awareness of relevant competitors and industry trends.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and procedures.
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- Advanced knowledge of products, buying, pricing, merchandising, and inventory management.
- Sustains exceptional level of knowledge and awareness of relevant competitors and industry trends.
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and operations-related applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and customer relationship skills.
- Product knowledge.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive manner.
Qualification & Experience:
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales Business Development
Job Location: Asheville, NC
Application Deadline: N/A