Website Whole Foods Market
Orders, replenishes, and merchandises produce and participates in regional programs for purchasing and promotions. Monitors inventory control and replenishes product based upon WFM ordering standards. Assists in organizing and developing promotional displays and maintaining OTS standards. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. Team Leaders are required to spend significant time on the floor, engaging with customers, and pitching in to help whenever and wherever needed. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations.
- Supports leadership in conducting inventories.
- Controls spoilage and shrink, achieves turn goals, participates in inventory.
- Monitors and acts upon open PO reports for both purchases and credits in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures orders for product are timely and accurate to monitor inventory turns.
- Analyzes and controls product transfers, waste, and spoilage.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for stocking and merchandising products.
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
- Maintains financial profitability by meeting and exceeding purchasing and sales targets
- Oversees customer special order procedure.
- Purchases and replenishes produce through proper buying procedures.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Ability to educate team on product knowledge and convey enthusiasm.
- Working knowledge and application of all produce-related merchandising expectations.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Knowledge and ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and ordering systems
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Demonstrates a desire to grow with the Produce team.
- Extensive produce product knowledge, including production, distribution, seasonal availability, advances, and trends.
- Familiarity and/or willingness to learn about products, nutritional information, and other areas of study.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- May require use of ladders.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Marketing Public Relations Writing/Editing
Job Location: Fort Collins, CO
Application Deadline: N/A