Website WinCo Foods
Scales, mixes and bakes various bakery goods. Maintains proper inventory levels of products and ensures the cleanliness and appearance of the bakery department meets standards. Consistently provides world class customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
- Operate and clean equipment and work area. Maintains clean, safe and sanitary bakery area and equipment.
- Ensure quality of goods by following code.
- Package all fresh products following all packaging /handling procedures.
- Dumps icing or other toppings into large storage containers.
- Sets-up cakes by taking liner off, putting icing between layers of numerous items (i.e., 50 cakes at a time).
- Ices cakes by taking icing out of the container, combining the icing onto the cake, lifting buckets, bordering, placing specific decorations, etc. for numerous items (i.e., 50 cakes at a time).
- Produce bakery products for retail stores.
- Displays products on shelves by placing them in an appealing manner and using FIFO for rotation.
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Labels bakery items by inputting data into DiGi machine for scanning, placing a label on container, etc.
- Mixes icing or other toppings by scaling and measuring ingredients, operating a mixer, reading the recipe, occasionally lifting 50 lbs. bags of sugar, shortening, and flour.
- Takes orders by phone and in person from customers. Special orders by following orders from customers; using an air brush machine, tubes, tips, etc.
- Packages cakes by placing in box.
- Lift objects (i.e., mix) of various dimensions chest high up to 50 lbs.
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Catch breads, put product onto trays for baking, operate kitchen utensils and equipment with manual dexterity and hand /eye coordination.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for extended periods of time.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 3:00 am to 10:00 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Conduct visual inspections, read and follow production guides, recipes and product labels, log production quantities, temperature readings, etc. on proper forms.
- Handle bakery ingredients.
- Maintain composure in dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Bend, stoop, balance, crouch, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, perform repetitive movement, and reach frequently.
- Reach overhead to place product on racks.
- Pushing and pulling approximately 100 lb. of product at a time on rack.
Qualification & Experience:
- Follow safety and sanitation procedures and department policies. Use cleaning chemicals and handle related food products.
- Respond to audible timers on baking equipment.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiple) and compute weights and measures.
- Communicate in writing to others and read and follow instructions.
- Perform around equipment and product emitting heat (approximately 465 degrees).
- Wear hats, hairnets, gloves, and other personal protective equipment as required.
- Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a strong customer service orientation.
- Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential hazards with respect to baking procedures, equipment, and work aides.
- Check labels and packaging of all manufactured products.
- Communicate (hearing & speech) effectively with customers to receive orders and perform customer relation skills.
- Perform primary duties with efficiency and accuracy. Effectively manage time to ensure that deadlines are met. Prioritize and perform a variety of simultaneous tasks (multi-tasking).
Company: WinCo Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management Manufacturing
Job Location: Apple Valley, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A